Thursday 25 September 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

I love the picture story book The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR, by Don and Audrey Wood. It's been a favourite since I was little and I've read it so much I've basically got it memorised. The reason I like this book so much is because of the beautiful illustrations and the simple ,yet effective, story line. Therefore I obviously had to use this book for my day 24 prompt!

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR

This is my attempt to replicate an illustration from The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR. In this scene the mouse is hiding the strawberry from the bear by dressing it up in a groucho mask. This image is my favourite as the strawberry has personality in the image and the mouse looks terrified. In my opinion, this is actually art! I'm really proud of myself as normally my intricate designs are pretty rubbish. I totally nailed this one...pun intended haha

Anyway, this is all freehanded using acrylic paint over a base of white polish. I then topped the whole thing off with HK girl top coat to give it that new nail art glow.

I have to say, the success of these has definitely inspired me to try more intricate designs in the future. Although this did take me quite a few hours. If you want to see the picture that inspired this look, I do have an image below. 

I'm still behind on my prompts but I will get them all done before the end of September!! Besides, this nail art is far too cool to be removed any time soon!

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR

The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and THE BIG HUNGRY BEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment