Sunday 21 September 2014

#31DC2014 - Day 21 - Inspired by a Colour

Inspired by a colour...it's not the easiest prompt to go off. I decided to take it literally and choose my favourite colour, painted it on my nails, then came up with a design based off what I was feeling when I looked at that colour on my nails. Not that that really makes sense, but this is what I came up with...



Ok, so my favourite polish in my collection is Arcane Lacquer, State of Grace. Its's the perfect combination of a grey creme speckled throughout with a gold shimmer and gold flakes. I think it's a very elegant polish but wanted to highlight it with gold to really bring out the warmth in it. I therefore painted half the nail gold, with Ulta3 - Gold Rush Fever, and did some random gold triangles on the other side of the nail. I then decided to do triangles on the gold as well and added the studs because I couldn't leave well enough alone. I think it looked better without the studs but meh.

I think I got this theme right, really don't care if I didn't, my nails still look pretty. I think some other inspired by is next, potentially inspired by a song or maybe a book. I have some ideas but not a lot of time tomorrow so hopefully I'll get it done! Now, more pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment