Saturday 2 August 2014

Classy Skittlette Mani

Happy International Nail Art Day as declared by instagram! I had to do some nail art in honour of this day and therefore created this classy skittlette mani.

Skittlette Mani


This wasn't the first design I attempted, I had wanted to do nautical nails, but I still love how this turned out. I think it has a lot to do with the colour palette I chose. The grey is a perfect polish with gold flakes through it (not photographed very well) that matched well with the gold accents.

The polishes used were Arcane Laquer - State of Grace (the gorgeous grey polish I'm holding in the pictures), Ulta3 - Gold Rush Fever (gold polish), and Sinful Colours - All About You (gold glitter). All the designs were topped with Glisten & Glow - HK Girl top coat.

The index and pinky finger were created using stripping tape from the born pretty store, which I doubled up the strips to create thicker lines. The dots were also created using dotting tools from the born pretty store. 

Skittlette Mani

Skittlette Mani

Skittlette Mani

Skittlette Mani

I love how classy and simple this design is, I think I'll try to keep it on for a while :)

-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment