Monday 4 August 2014

Ikat Nail Art

As part of an instagram challenge there was the prompt to do some ikat nail art. Ikat is a type of pattern which personally I'm not too fond of as all recreations tend to look similar. I didn't want to skip the challenge so I decided to attempt something a little different which is water colour ikat. 



I can't make up my mind about this, after my success last mani, I'm not exactly loving the results of this one. It was pretty simple to do however, but I think it definitely lacks finesse.

The base of this is Sinful Colors - Snow Me White topped with Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Fast top coat. Everything else is acrylic paint. How I did this design was to paint the acrylic paint in the pattern I wanted, then dab away the excess with paper tower. I did try using water to thin the acrylic paint but it just washed off the nail. Once the acrylic paint had dried, I used the Sally Hansen top coat to smooth the whole thing over.

I did also add a matte top coat to see if that would improve my outlook on this design. It did a little bit and I'm probably just being a little too judgemental. I hope you enjoy it though!

- Mel






with matte top coat

No comments:

Post a Comment