Thursday 5 February 2015

Love Birds

I'm the kind of person who skips the basics and goes straight to the harder things, well at least when it comes to stamping. I really haven't had much practice when it comes to stamped nails, but I really wanted to use my chevron stamp pattern and do gradient stamping, so this is the result! Oh plus added love birds because of this months theme.

It was my brother's choice to add the love birds in their cage to this nail art. We had a few different stamps to choose from but settled on this one. I wish I had just left the gradient stamping as is though, because it looked awesome. Of course it's not 100% perfect but seeing as it's my first time gradient stamping, I'm totally proud of it.

The only stamping polish I actually used in this look was for the love birds, everything else I just used normal polish, which shows you don't need fancy polishes to stamp. To give name to the polishes and stampers I used, they were:

China Glaze - White on White
Picture Polish - Dream, Mad Magenta and Bonkers (for the gradient stamped chevron)
Celestial Cosmetics - Pitch (for the birdies)
Glisten & Glow - HK Girl Top Coat (bottle pictured because it's pretty)
 Born Pretty Store - Stamping Plate #15090

I've also been playing with the idea of adding a second watermark to my photo's for a while now, so I made one the other day. Although I think it distracts slightly from the nail art at the moment, I like it. I'l going to be working on photo taking as well, so it should be more professional in here soon. yay for nail art! 




No comments:

Post a Comment