Wednesday 4 March 2015

Watercolour Zebra Print

I've actually found a use for short nails! Using stamping plate images that would no way cover nails that are any longer than itty bitty cute things. Today's stamped nails are an example of this. I've never used the plate, despite the fact that I like the patterns, because I don't want to double stamp. So suddenly small nails and I can finally get zebra print happening on my nails!

Zebra Print Nail Art


Now let's be honest, I rarely have a clear idea of where I want my nail art to though. I actually did have an idea in mind for these, but the final result was not what I had originally set out to do. It's ok though, because it has pretty much everything I was aiming for, which was random watercolour background plus black something on top.

For the watercolour, I placed random blobs of nail polish on my white base, then thinner it out using a brush dipped in nail polish thinner. There's probably better ways of doing this but I'm a scientist and it was experiment time.

All the things I used are listed below:
Ulta3 - Fruit Tingle, Spring Break, Strawberry Sundae, Lily White
Celestial Cosmetics - Pitch
Bella Belle Nail Couture - I Like it on Top
Born Pretty Store - Stamping plate (No longer available?) 
OPI - Nail Polish thinner
Graftobian - Liquid Latex

In the pictures I think this looks a little chipped but it's actually because this was annoying as hell to clean up and I took a little off my tips when cleaning around my lack of free edge haha. So yeah, I swear these actually looked a little better in real life than the pictures! 

Zebra Print Nail Art

Zebra Print Nail Art

Zebra Print Nail Art

No comments:

Post a Comment