Friday 20 March 2015

Kawaii Science Nail Art

Kawaii, in Japan, literally means cute. If these nails aren't the very definition of adorable I don't know what is! Who knew adding cute faces to chemistry equipment could be so awesome? I didn't but now I know that it does, I'm carrying googly eyes with me to every chemistry class I attend.

Kawaii Science

From pinky to index finger there is:
- A joyful volumetric flask because it's been measuring really well that day
- A sad test tube because it fell over and lost all it's contents
- A happy beaker because beakers can be happy now
- A winking conical flask because it's been turned on and is now bubbling along
And what you can't see is that on my thumb is a measuring cylinder which was please with itself for being perfectly full.

The only complaint I have about these is that the acrylic paint I used to paint the Kawaii chemistry figures reacted terribly with the gel polish I was using as a base (I had done these for a science in schools event so wanted them to last more than a few days). So therefore some weird bubbling of the top coat over the acrylic paint occurred and some nails started peeling after only a few days of wear. Not sure how to fix this problem, but at least it made removing the gel easier at the end of the week lol.

Anyway, the products I used were:
SensatioNAIL - Base/top coat, White Lily
Acrylic Paint

Yay for science and cute things!

Kawaii Science

Kawaii Science

Kawaii Science


No comments:

Post a Comment