Monday 10 November 2014

Polish Me Silly - Guilty Pleasures - Swatch

I haven't bothered to paint my nails in a few days. Just haven't been feeling it. I still can't be bothered to do any nail art so here is a really basic swatch of Polish Me Silly - Guilty Pleasures.


Guilty Pleasures is mutichrome polish, meaning it shifts colours depending on the angle the light hits it. It's a mainly purple based polish that shifts to pinkish red and to a coppery orange colour, depending how you look at it. It was really difficult to capture this shift on my actual nails with my camera, but it is quite apparent in person and in the bottle.

For this swatch I have used three coats of Guilty Pleasures plus a top coat of HK Girl by at Glisten and Glow. Formula wise I did find that the first coat was quite thin and therefore had to use slightly thicker coats to build up opacity. It also had the tendency to pull away from my nail tips but that could be my application.

Polish Me Silly is an American indie polish brand that ships pretty much world wide. Their website can be found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment